All it takes is for one simple mistake for things to go horribly wrong. That was the case for Dave and his family when a house fire started from something seemingly innocuous. Thankfully, everyone in the family — including the pets — managed to escape injury-free.

Now, we assume most fires start from unattended pots and pans in the kitchen, or perhaps a not quite extinguished cigarette. Some can happen from shortened out electronics, or excessive heat from devices and appliances. However, in this most unusual of cases, the fire started (almost ironically) from something that actually helps us prevent fires.